12/28/2015

Review of Obsidian

Review of Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

“I was always able to lose myself in reading. Books were a necessary escape I always gladly jumped into headfirst.” 

5/5 Stars

Facts:
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Pages: 400
Price: $ 9.98
Publisher: Entangled: Teen

Content:
 Starting over sucks.When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and verie green eyes. Things were looking up.And then he opened his mouth.Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.The hot alien living next door marks me.You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.If I don't kill him first, that is.

Review:
I discovered Obsidian through an excerpt. After reading this I immediately had to buy the book. Because Katy has a book obsession it was easy for me to identify with her. And Daemon, yeah I was a bit crazy about him from the beginning. Cause of his name and the fact, that he is such a big and funny idiot.  The teasing between the two wasn’t annoying to me. I rather found them amusing and they made the situations less serious. At the very beginning I thought: Girl is new at school and meets the mysterious guy. Not new at all. But that isn’t the fact of the book at all. The author wrote the book so that it isn’t going to be boring and you either are through it in one go or you can’t look for continue reading.
You don’t know this series already? Than hurry and go to the next library or bookstore!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment