1/09/2016

Review of 'The Story of Us'

Review of 'The Story of Us' by Dani Atkins

3/5 Stars

Facts:
Author: Dani Atkins
Pages: 394
Price: from $5.67 (Amazon)
Publisher: Head of Zeus


Content: 
 Emma Marshall can't wait to marry her childhood sweetheart, Richard. But then a tragic accident changes everything, and introduces a stranger, Jack, into her life. Gorgeous and mysterious, Jack is like no-one Emma has met before. But Richard is the man she loves...Two different men. Two different destinies. How will Emma end her story? 

Review:
‘The Story of Us‘ is a novel with various sides. At the beginning I liked the story and it was great and really moving. But during the story it was very stereotyped and a bit kitschy. But nevertheless it was pleasant to read. The author has got a great style of writing and I was able to read the book fluently. Even if I knew because of the blurb that Amy is going to die, the scene was very emotional. The ‘jumps’ to the ending of the book were a bit confusing at the beginning but then they made me thinking about it. I considered with whom she is going to live in the end. Even if I suspected who this is going to be, the ending was a bit surprising.
About the characters:  Emma is really sympathetic, even if she is naive and juvenile for her age. Jack is charming but meanwhile he is enigmatic. Richard, yeah I didn’t like him at the beginning, but that was because I compared him with Frank (The Best of Me) ‘cause he was drunk at the hospital :)  But during the story I was friends with him and sometimes I felt sorry for him. There were some scenes which were emotional to me. Like mentioned before, the car accident, then a letter which Amy wrote to Emma and the search for Emma’s mom.

I would recommend this book to everyone who likes reading novels and is a friend of a bit kitsch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment