7/31/2016

Review of 'Kiss of Frost'

Review of 'Kiss of Frost' by Jennifer Estep

"What are you smiling at?’ - ‘Oh, nothing much. Just my hero"
 
5/5 Stars

Facts:
Author: Jennifer Estep
Pages: 368
Price: $ 8.65
Publisher: Kensington - Teen

Content:
I'm Gwen Frost, a second-year warrior-in-training at Mythos Academy, and I have no idea how I'm going to survive the rest of the semester. One day, I'm getting schooled in swordplay by the guy who broke my heart--the drop-dead gorgeous Logan who slays me every time. Then, an invisible archer in the Library of Antiquities decides to use me for target practice. And now, I find out that someone at the academy is really a Reaper bad guy who wants me dead. I'm afraid if I don't learn how to live by the sword--with Logan's help--I just might die by the sword. . .
 
Opinion:
I really liked the second book of the series of ‘Mythos Academy’. At the beginning the author repeated lots of information from the first book of the series. So just theoretically you could read the second book without reading the first one, but then you would miss the best things. And because all the repeated information is popping up less and less after the first few chapters that doesn’t matter. I already guessed who the villain in this book is but the author still made me think for a bit that a different person is the villain… Oliver, one of the Spartans, has a secret as well. I didn’t expect the solution of this at all. There are also some new problems which Gwen has to solve in the next books of the series. I read the book within one day and for me it was a full success- I’ll definitely read the other books as well.
I can recommend this book to everyone who liked the first book as well. If you didn’t like the first one then you probably shouldn’t read the second one because they are pretty similar :)

Get the book here: Amazon.com
   

No comments:

Post a Comment