8/10/2016

Review of 'Ugly Love'

Review of 'Ugly Love' by Colleen Hoover

"You bend the laws of the universe when you fly"
 
5/5 Stars

Facts:
Author: Colleen Hoover
Pages: 336
Price: $ 9.52
Publisher: Atria Paperback


Content:
When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she doesn't think it's love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.

Opinion:
‘Ugly Love‘ is the first book by Colleen Hoover which I have read. And it was amazing! In the morning I read the first two chapters and then I had no time to read more... I read the rest of the book in the evening and the next morning. The book is almost until the end alternately written in the views of Tate and Miles. Tate’s view is in the present and the one of Miles is 6years before the main story takes part. I rather read the Tate chapters because I find them more thrilling. But the Miles Chapters were also thrilling because I always wanted to know what happened to him… His chapters are written in a poetry-slam stile. I first had to get comfortable with it because sometimes things just happen and you actually get the evidence in the next chapter or so. The whole story isn’t full of clichés and has also some secrets.

All in one I liked the book a lot and I think I’m going to reread it at some point. But I’m not sure if I’m going to buy more books by Colleen Hoover because I’m not sure if her books are all quite similar… I can recommend the book to everyone who likes love stories. Even if this isn’t a classic love story, it still is some kind of it.

Get the book here: Amazon.com 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment