1/10/2017

Review to Fantastic Beasts and where to find them'

Review to 'Fantastic Beasts and where to find them' by Joanne K. Rowling

"I don't think I'm dreaming" - "What gave it away?" - "I ain't got the brains to make this up"

5/5 Stars

Facts:
Author: J. K. Rowling
Pages: 304
Price: £8.50
Publisher: Little Brown
Plot:
When Magizoologist Newt Scamander arrives in New York, he intends his stay to be just a brief stopover. However, when his magical case is misplaced and some of Newt's fantastic beasts escape, it spells trouble for everyone . . .

Opinion:
I liked ‘Fantastic Beasts and where to find them‘ a lot! Through the Harry Potter books I knew already that there is a book with the same title and in this book we see how New Scammander writes exactly this book or more how he makes the experiences for the book. Like Harry Potter and the cursed Child it is a (screen-) play but I liked it much better. It reminds me more to the original Harry Potter books! It isn’t that serious but contains lots of funny scenes and the characters are gorgeous. And there is another pro: I really love Harry and the others but it is truly nice to meet new people. And Newt is just perfect! He is an original, a bit bumbling British wizard and that’s why it is so great to follow his adventures in America, where the wizarding world is a bit different than the British one. Yeah there is also a ministry of magic but lots of laws which New doesn’t know. Also it is great that we learn more about the beasts which live in the world which is already familiar to me. And there were some big surprises for me!

I watched the movie before I read the book but that wasn’t a problem at all. Rather a pro. So I had the characters and everything else perfectly in mind as I read the book. But this would have been possible without watching the movie as well because the advices of the direction described the surroundings very well.  Especially I liked the little drawings of the beasts which look like the beasts in the movie and consist of lovely dots and flourish.
Also there is a great muggel (Or No-Maj) in the story. You are just supposed to love Jacob and of course also the other characters.
Actually I didn’t know who or what is the monster which does its mischief in New York until it was revealed. So with this Rowling surprised me a lot!
I could say so much things about the characters and the plot but I actually have no plan how to do this with not that many words. So I just recommend this book to everyone. You don’t even have to read the original Harry Potter books (Yeah there are people who think this) because it takes place years before the Potter books and you don’t need the knowledge from these books. It is obviously a fantastic fantasy adventure!
 

Get the book here: Amazon.co.uk 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment