4/26/2017

Review of 'A Dog's Purpose

Review of 'A Dog's Purpose' by W. Bruce Cameron

"Because failure isn't an option if success is just a matter of more effort"

4/5*

Facts:
Author: W. Bruce Cameron
Pages: 333
Price: $ 8.92
Publisher: Forge Books

Plot:
Heartwarming, insightful, and often laugh-out-loud funny, A Dog's Purpose is not only the emotional and hilarious story of a dog's many lives, but also a dog's-eye commentary on human relationships and the unbreakable bonds between man and man's best friend. This moving and beautifully crafted story teaches us that love never dies, that our true friends are always with us, and that every creature on earth is born with a purpose.

Opinion:

I liked the book but it wasn’t that great. Before reading the book I saw the movie in the cinema and already had a few expectations. But still I remembered how much information movie can miss or invent.
The author is great in writing, I won’t deny that. Because the book is written in the first person narrator of the dog I always had to laugh when he mentions things which are quite usual to us and he didn’t know what they are good for. I love it that the do remembers all the things he learned in his previous lives. Also it is just great who he sees all the things.
The book contains some twists which are partly good and partly sad. All of the human characters were also well imagined. While reading I realized how much the author thought about that. I think it is possible that I’ll read tis book again at some point, but it will has its place in my shelf for a while.
I definitely recommend this book but it truly isn’t a book for everyone. When you like dogs and are curious about the way they think you should probably read it. But it isn’t that thrilling. So when you need a lot of thrill I don’t think you’ll like it that much, but it is charmfully so maybe you’ll like it anyways.       

Get the book here:Amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment